LODGING AND OTHER LOGISTICS
>> Download a PDF of this information
The CPASW will be held within walking distance (approx. 1/2 mile) of Hotel Deca on the University of Washington campus. A free shuttle to the UW campus is available from the hotel.
Oral presentations and discussions will take place in Johnson Hall, Room 102 each day of the conference. Just a short walk away, Mary Gates Hall (MGH) Commons will be available for eating lunches, informal meetings and conversations, checking email, and making phone calls.
Posters will be set up in MGH Commons on Wednesday and Thursday for your viewing. A reception at will be held at MGH with the two poster sessions.
A block of rooms for the workshop has been reserved until February 26, 2007 at:
4507 Brooklyn Ave NE
Map and directions
Hotel Deca is within walking distance to the UW campus (approx. 1/2 mile). A free shuttle to the UW campus is also available. Parking at Hotel Deca is free for hotel guests. Rates for accommodations are as follows:
- One king size bed: $119 + tax
- Two queens: $129 + tax
(currently city and state taxes total 15.6% and is subject to change)
Reservations received after February 26 will be accepted at the group rate based upon hotel availability. The discounted room rates are valid for the dates March 19-March 23, 2007.
** To guarantee rate and room type please use the name "CPASW Conference, sponsored by the University of Washington's Climate Impacts Group". **
Reservations should be made by each individual calling the hotel directly at 1-800-899-0251 between the hours of 8:00 am - 7:00 pm PST Monday through Friday, and 10:00 am - 4:00 pm PST on Saturday and Sunday. Reservations also can be faxed to 1-206-545-2103, or emailed to email@example.com.
Other accommodations in the University District are available through the University Chamber of Commerce.
Transportation Options from Sea-Tac Airport
There are many transportation options for getting to Hotel Deca and the UW campus from Sea-Tac Airport. Please note that Hotel Deca is within walking distance to the UW campus (approx. 1/2 mile). A free shuttle from the hotel to the UW campus is also available.
- Taxi service: Sea-Tac International Taxi Association (available at the airport, 206-246-9999); Yellow Cabs (206-622-6500), Orange Cabs (206-522-8800). The fare from Sea-Tac to the University District is approximately $50.
- Public transportation: Bus service is available just outside the airport terminal. To find out which buses you need to take and the times they are running, please visit the King County Metro Trip Planner. Enter "Sea-Tac Airport" for the place of origin and the hotel address (4507 Brooklyn Ave NE) as the end point.
- Car rental: Cars are available for rent at Sea-Tac Airport from any variety of national rental agencies. Information on rates and availability is available from the rental car agencies. Driving directions to the hotel and meeting site are available in the following section.
Directions and Parking
For driving directions to the hotel, please visit Hotel Deca's directions page. Parking at Hotel Deca is free for hotel guests.
Walking directions to the workshop from Hotel Deca:
- Johnson Hall is centrally located on the UW campus. Hotel Deca is located at the corner of NE 45th Street and Brooklyn Ave. Walk east on NE 45th to 15th Ave NE. Turn right (south) on 15th Ave NE and walk on to campus using any of the footpaths located along 15th Ave NE. Johnson Hall is located just south of Suzallo Library and Gerberding Hall (see campus map).
Driving directions to the UW campus and the Central Plaza Parking Garage:
- Coming from the South (including Sea-Tac): From I-5 northbound, take the NE 45th Street exit (#169). Turn right onto NE 45th Street. Continue east about one quarter mile to 15th Avenue NE and turn right. Head south on 15th Avenue three blocks to NE 41st Street. Turn left at Gate #1 into the Central Plaza Garage. Stop at the gatehouse inside the garage for directions and a parking permit.
- Coming from the North: From I-5 southbound, take the NE 45th Street exit (#169). Turn left onto NE 45th Street. Continue east about one quarter mile to 15th Avenue NE and turn right. Head south on 15th Avenue three blocks to NE 41st Street. Turn left at Gate #1 into the Central Plaza Garage. Stop at the gatehouse inside the garage for directions and a parking permit.
The daily rate for parking in the Central Plaza Garage is $11.00.